Trump plans sack of NSA McMaster, others

529 0
529 0
U.S. President Donald Trump
U.S. President Donald Trump

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster could be next in line to be sacked by U.S. President Donald Trump in the wake of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s firing.

According to Fox News, McMaster is likely to be replaced by John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Other departures from the administration would include Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin and Chief of Staff John Kelly.

The sources have cautioned that Trump will make the ultimate decision about all staff changes.

However, the departure of McMaster has been described by multiple sources as “imminent.”

McMaster, Shulkin and Kelly for sack?
McMaster, Shulkin and Kelly for sack?

Kelly would be replaced as chief of staff by Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, the sources said, with Energy Secretary Rick Perry replacing Shulkin at the VA. Ray Washburne, the chairman of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, would replace Perry as energy secretary.

After announcing Tillerson’s dismissal on Twitter Tuesday, Trump himself hinted that more changes might be forthcoming.

“I’ve gotten to know a lot of people very well over the last year,” Trump told reporters at the White House, “and I’m really at a point where we’re getting very close to having the Cabinet and other things that I want.”

Read more


Join the Conversation