Fed. Cup: NFF fines Crown FC, others

701 0
701 0
Players of FC Ifeanyi Ubah and Crown FC in action
Players of FC Ifeanyi Ubah and Crown FC in action

By Victor Okoye

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has ordered Crown FC of Ogbomoso to pay N200,000 to FC Ifeanyi Uba for disrupting the semi-final match of the 2016 Federation Cup between the two side.

According to the NFF website the rule was provided in Art. 3.11 (A) of the federation status.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that match involving Ifeanyi Ubah Crown, which was played in Kaduna on Sept. 29, was abandoned in the 87th minutes due to pitch invasion.

Ifeanyi Ubah was leading 2-1 when the match referee, disallowed a goal scored by Yakub Ahmed of Crown.

The Assistant Referee adjudged the goal to be good pointing to the centre circle, while the centre referee disallowed it.

This led to the invasion of the pitch by the angry fans of Crown FC.

But NFF said that it took decision after a meeting of the federation’s Disciplinary Committee which deliberated on the petition tabled before it.

“The decision was based on the submitted independent reports presented before the committee as well as the committee’s interaction with the match officials.

“These included, match commissioner (Mr. Bege N. Kwasau), referee (Audu A. Ibrahim), AR1 (kabiru Adamu) and AR2 (Abubakar Yusuf).

“The match officials were found to have acted unprofessionally in their conduct during the second half of the match,” the committee said.

It said that based on the above, the committee ruled that Crown FC shall forfeit the match for encroachment resulting in the disruption of the match as provided for in Art. 3.11 (A).

“Therefore the scores at the time of disruption (i.e Crown FC 1 -2 FC Ifeanyi Ubah) stand.

“That Crown FC is hereby fined the sum of N200, 000 as provided for in Art. 3.11 (A).”

The federation said it found the match commissioner, Mr. Bege N. Kwasau, to have acted acted unprofessionally and was subsequently,  referred to the NFF Match Commissioners Committee for disciplinary action.

“That pending this, he should not be appointed for any match as a match commissioner until the outcome of the committee decision.”

Similarly, all the referee, Audu A. Ibrahim as well as his two assistants were found to have acted unprofessionally and were also referred to the NFF Referees Committee.

They were also barred from officiating any match until the outcome of the committee’s decision.

Join the Conversation

Join the Conversation

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.