Boko Haram attacks: Buratai meets Operation Lafiya Dole commanders

610 0
610 0
Lt. General Buratai: meets with Operation Lafiya Dole commanders

By Johnson Eyiangho

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai on Monday, met with the Theatre Commander, Maj.-Gen. Nicholas Roger and other top commanders at the Control and Command Centre in Maiduguri, after the recent attacks in Bama in Borno and Jilli in Yobe.

Although the outcome of the meeting was not made public, a source said that the commanders briefed the army chief on the various ongoing operations in the North East.

The source said the meeting reviewed the operations and discussed new strategies to flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists, especially in Borno North and the Lake Chad region.

At the moment, Operation Last Hold, designed to clear remnants of the terrorists in those areas and facilitate return of IDPs to their ancestral home, is being conducted by the army.

The terrorists attacked a military base in Jilli in Yobe on Saturday after carrying out attack on troops at Bama a few days earlier.

Contrary to reports, the army denied that the insurgents killed soldiers at both locations and carted away vehicles.

Brig.-Gen. Texas Chukwu, the Director of Army Public Relations, said in a statement on Monday that “all troops” that came under attack in Jilli had been accounted for, contrary to reports that some of them were missing. (NAN)


Join the Conversation